The ultimate beauty secret to long, thick hair
This easily accessible product that I'm about to share with you is so effective and simple that it will leave you wondering why no one has ever mentioned it before! Well that's because not many people are familiar with the true benefits of this ingredient. So what's the secret to having Rapunzel-like hair? The ingredient is fermented RICE water, yes rice! Make sure it's organic though. Fermented rice water is especially good for hair because of the pH change that occurs to the water during the fermentation process. It actually originated from an acient Chinese village called Huangluo where women had strong, long, thick hair due to washing their hair with rice water - it was nicknamed the 'Long Hair Village'.
What are the benefits?
Rice contains many beneficial nutrients such as antioxidants, minerals and vitamins. It also contains inositol, a carbohydrate, that can repair damaged hair, as well as protect it from damage. Rice water also contains amino acids which strengthen the hair roots, increase hair volume, and makes your hair shiny and smooth. Frizzy hair? no problem, the amino acids within the rice water fill the gaps in your damaged hair to result in healthier and shinier hair.
1. Take half a glass of uncooked organic rice and rinse it under the tap to remove impurities.
2. Place it into a saucepan and pour 1 glass of water.
3. Simmer the rice on medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Finally, strain the rice water into an empty spray bottle and add a few drops of essential oil (optional).
5. Leave the rice water out at room temperature for a day until it begins to ferment, then store in a fridge after a day to stop the fermentation process.
5. Spray onto your hair an hour before showering. You can even spray onto damp hair after the shower as I find this works best to lock in all the rice goodness (the rice odur dissappears after it dries).
If you don't want to leave the rice water on your hair, apply to hair focusing on the scalp about an hour before washing your hair. You’ll notice after a couple of weeks how strong and thick your hair feels.
tip: use rice water as a toner to help tighten pores and keep your skin looking young and rejuvinated. I have tried it and it is AMAZING for my skill too, I can really see the difference!
Spray onto face and let it dry naturally or apply a few drops onto a cotton pad and apply all over the face.
So next time you cook some rice, keep the rice water for your very own DIY beauty product!